Core Dump

From: "Kevin T(dot) Ryan" <kevinryan(at)cmu(dot)edu>
To: pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Core Dump
Date: 2005-12-01 04:22:49
Lists: pgsql-cygwin
Good Evening -

I have been trying to install PostgreSQL on my windows machine via
cygwin.  I followed the instructions to install it as a service, and
everything *seemed* to go fine.  But when I try to start it up (i.e.,
cygrunsrv -S postmaster) it core dumps.  The /var/log/postmaster.log gives:

amongst a load of other information.  I found several links to the
problem via Google (e.g.,, but I
could not locate a solution (if there was one) in the archives.  I was
wondering if this problem has been resolved or if there is something I
can do to fix it on my machine.  I apologize if the problem was solved
and I couldn't find it :)

Thank you kindly!

Kevin T. Ryan
Kevin T. Ryan, CPA
Carnegie Mellon MBA, 2006

pgsql-cygwin by date

Next:From: Reini UrbanDate: 2005-12-07 08:02:20