Re: Driver does not report all catalogs

From: Martin Keller <martin(dot)keller(at)unitedplanet(dot)de>
To: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Driver does not report all catalogs
Date: 2005-11-30 07:39:02
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

We use this to show the list of available databases to the users. I
know, that this list can be retrieved with a select on pg_database, but
our application runs with various database systems and we try to avoid
database specific code. The issues with some of the metadata methods and
Connection.setCatalog don't affect the rest of our code, because the
connections are dedicated to each used database.

Martin Keller