Re: PostgreSQL 8.1.0-2 WinXP Services

From: Ilias Goudaropoulos <ig(at)freemail(dot)gr>
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL 8.1.0-2 WinXP Services
Date: 2005-11-30 00:54:23
Lists: pgsql-novice
I have Windows XP Pro and I used the Computer Management program
(located in the Administrative Tools bunch of utilities) for deleting
the PostgreSQL account.  It was easy to delete the account.

The PostgreSQL service was uninstalled and deleted automatically during
the unistallation.  I have also checked it manually and I am 100% sure
that there is no such service left running.

I do not have any firewall or antivirus software running.  I even have
the windows firewall disabled.

The only last thing that I can think of checking (in order to solve this
problem), is seeing if there are any specific Win XP Pro services that
need to be running during installation.  If this is the problem, then I
can enable them and succeed with the install.

So I am asking again, if any of you friends, know about any services
that are required by the installer in order for it to operate correctly.

Help !!!!!!!!!!!! I can not take it any more.  I am feeling like braking
the PC.

This is the first time in 10 years of fiddling with software, that I
come across a so nasty and cryptic software error.

http://www.freemail.gr -    .

pgsql-novice by date

Next:From: meDate: 2005-11-30 01:05:24
Subject: Re: saving a query and reults to a file.