Re: french po updates and ui patch

From: Andreas Pflug <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
Cc: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>, Guillaume LELARGE <guillaume(dot)lelarge(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: french po updates and ui patch
Date: 2005-11-27 16:20:52
Lists: pgadmin-hackers
Andreas Pflug wrote:

>>> The second one aims to better use checkbox. You used a label and a
>>> checkbox instead of a checkbox with its own label. I modify this. I
>>> think it makes a better UI. You can click on the text instead of the
>>> box. Hope you'll find this interesting and that you'll apply it.
>>

>> Iirc, there was a reason why they're separate (I just can't think what
>> it was) - can you remember Andreas?
>

> Yup; we mostly have the text on the left side. Only win32 has such a
> flag, other systems know text on the right side only. There might be
> areas where we really can change the checkboxes, I'll have a look at
> Guillaumes patch some day.

I rewieved the issue now. In wx2.6, the text-on-left-side-only
restriction is gone, but this won't help us too much: What we need is
left-aligned text, and right-aligned checkbox to position all
descriptive text and all controls aligned; a checkbox won't allow this.
Guillaumes patch will simply add all descriptive text for checkboxes to
the right of the box itself, this looks really ugly for most dialogs (we
have this on the options dialog, but this is different because we don't
need to give a consistent look&feel as in the case of pgsql objects
dialogs, so we could order the controls to look nicely).

Regards,
Andreas