Postgresql odbc and Visual studio 2005 .net 2.0

From: "Leendert Paul Diterwich" <paulditerwich(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: "'Dave Page'" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Subject: Postgresql odbc and Visual studio 2005 .net 2.0
Date: 2005-11-23 16:52:57
Lists: pgsql-odbc
Hi all,

I just got word from MS and this is what they said about the problems some
of us are experiencing:

Hi Paul,

It appears that there are problems with this particular ODBC driver. It
tells us that the default catalog is "\0\0" (taken from the
IDbConnection.Database property) so we pass this as a catalog restriction to
enumerate tables. This works, however the rows returned provide a catalog of
NULL. This is inconsistent behavior, and when we then ask our cache to
select objects with the catalog restriction "\0\0" it finds none because all
objects in the cache have a NULL catalog.

There is no workaround for this issue, unfortunately. The only solution is
for the ODBC driver to be fixed.

Thanks,
Stephen Provine
VS Data Development Team

Is it possible to change the behavior of the ODBC driver?

Kind Regards,

Paul

pgsql-odbc by date

Next:From: noreplyDate: 2005-11-23 17:01:01