Re: rollback ignored until end of transaction block

From: "Kevin Grittner" <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
To: <oliver(at)opencloud(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: rollback ignored until end of transaction block
Date: 2005-11-23 21:30:34
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

I haven't seen any of these today. Ran part of the day with loglevel=2
and part without. I'll keep trying.

We have fixed a couple underlying exceptions which might have set
up the conditions for this. Is it worth intentionally regressing those
in
my application code to try to track this down if it doesn't otherwise
manifest? It is disconcerting to be told that a rollback won't be
accepted until the end of the transaction block. :-(

-Kevin

Kevin Grittner wrote:
> Is there any context where this would make sense?:
>
> org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: current transaction is
> aborted, commands ignored until end of transaction block
> at

org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.receiveErrorResponse(QueryExecutorImpl.java:1512)
> at

org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.processResults(QueryExecutorImpl.java:1297)
> at

org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.execute(QueryExecutorImpl.java:188)
> at

org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Connection.executeTransactionCommand(AbstractJdbc2Connection.java:617)
> at

org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Connection.rollback(AbstractJdbc2Connection.java:654)

Huh, that *is* weird. rollback() should do nothing but execute ROLLBACK,

which shouldn't trigger that error.. How did you get it into that state?

Can you run with loglevel=2 and see what the trace says? What driver
version?

-O