Creating a database using ant

From: Nathan McEachen <nathan(at)mceachen(dot)us>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Creating a database using ant
Date: 2005-11-21 04:24:07
Lists: pgsql-jdbc
Hello,

I am trying to write get ant to drop and create a database.  I tried to
use the sql task but recieved the following error:

java.sql.SQLException: ERROR: DROP DATABASE cannot run inside a
transaction block

Here is my ant task:

        <sql driver="${db.postgresql.driver}"
            userid="${rootuser}"
            password="${rootpassword}"
            url="${db.postgresql.url}"
            onerror="stop"
            autocommit="false"
            src="${db.postgresql.sqlScripts.dir}/dropDatabase.sql">
            <classpath>
                <path refid="run.classpath"/>
            </classpath>
        </sql>

Although autocommit is false, it looks like the sql script is still
executing within a transaction.  Does anyone know a workaround?

I also tried runing the dropdb command directly, but (from my
understanding) ant cannot receive user input during execution.  As a
result, I can't supply a password to dropdb (at least I don't know how
to do it).

        <exec executable="${postgres_bin.dir}/dropdb"
              failonerror="true">
          <arg value="-U"/>
          <arg value="${rootuser}"/>
          <arg value="--password"/>
          <arg value="mydb"/>
        </exec>

Many thanks,

-Nathan

--
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice.  But, in practice, there is.

--Jan L.A. van de Snepscheut

pgsql-jdbc by date

Next:From: Tjioe Ai XinDate: 2005-11-21 04:39:15