Re: Problem with storing Images in PostgreSQL

From: Kris Jurka <jurka(at)ejurka(dot)com>
To: bhanu reddy <bhanukumarreddy(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Problem with storing Images in PostgreSQL
Date: 2005-11-16 16:34:13
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

bhanu reddy wrote:

> I am Bhanu and got ur id in forums. Can you please help me in solving
> problem that I am facing with storing images?
> I am using PostgreSQL 8.0.3 and created a table like this:

Please send postgresql jdbc help requests to the
pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org mailing list, not any individual directly.

http://jdbc.postgresql.org/lists.html#general

> java.sql.SQLException: ERROR: type "lo" does not exist
> at sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbc.createSQLException(JdbcOdbc.java:6958)
> at sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbc.standardError(JdbcOdbc.java:7115)
> at sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbc.SQLParamData(JdbcOdbc.java:4738)
> at
> sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcPreparedStatement.execute(JdbcOdbcPreparedStatement.java:225)
> at
> sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcPreparedStatement.executeUpdate(JdbcOdbcPreparedStatement.java:136)
> at com.coalition.jms.ObjectInDatabase.main(ObjectInDatabase.java:57)

This shows you are not using the postgresql JDBC driver at all, but
instead Sun's JDBC->ODBC bridge and the ODBC driver. Please review your
connection setup code and ensure you are setting up a JDBC connection.

http://jdbc.postgresql.org/documentation/80/index.html

Kris Jurka