Re: [ADMIN] Major Problem, need help! Can't run our website!

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: tshipley(at)deru(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [ADMIN] Major Problem, need help! Can't run our website!
Date: 2005-11-16 01:27:43
Lists: pgsql-admin pgsql-hackers

> Renaming the file sounds like an excellent design decision since the current
> name is a proven "human factor" bug.

I am sorry, but as soon as you look at the files it is obvious that they
are not "just" log files. If someone
is going to delete the xlog they are going to do it no matter what we
call it. Unless of course we change
the directory to pg_xlogs_do_not_ever_delete, but I doubt that would
help either.

Sincerely,
Joshua D. Drake