Re: Visual Studio 2005 not happy with postgresql

From: "Campbell, Greg" <greg(dot)campbell(at)us(dot)michelin(dot)com>
To: Tobias Britz <tobias(dot)britz(at)ersystems(dot)ch>
Cc: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Visual Studio 2005 not happy with postgresql
Date: 2005-11-15 20:43:25
Lists: pgsql-odbc

1. There is a lot going on with the pgODBC driver versions? You could try a different version.
2. You could try Npgsql -- the .NET data provider for Postgresql.
3. It sounds like you do not have a default schema of public -- I think that happened and/or was fixed in
one of the very recent version of pgODBC .

Tobias Britz wrote:

> Hi community!
>
> Here is my problem:
>
> * Postgresql 8.1 installed on windows XP (machine 1) with DB up
> and running. I can access/change/see all my tables, etc with EMS
> Postgresql manager
> * On Machine 2 (windows XP) I've installed the pg ODBC drivers
> 8.01.01 and created a System DSN to machine 1
> * I tested this DSN with MS Access, and I could see my tables, add
> items, launch queries
> * Now, I need to use Visual Studio 2005 (with .Net 2.0) for our
> project and would like to be able to create XSD files visually (using
> the VS2005 built-in tools). In VS2005 Server Explorer, I created a new
> Database Connection, using the Microsoft ODBC Data Source (ODBC) with
> the .Net ODBC Data Provider selected. Pointed the thing to my working
> ODBC DSN and tested the connection
> * Connection works (says VS2005)
> * Now I have a new Data Connection in the Server Explorer, with 3
> tree entries; Tables, Views, Procedures. My problem is that "Tables" is
> empty, "Views" is empty but "Procedures" contains hundreds of postgres
> functions.
> * I would like to see my tables and views!
>
> Remark:
>
> * I tried OLEDB, whitout success either. VS2005 says that there
> where "some" errors and that "no work could be done"... cool he?!
>
> Can someone please help me, as I've lost already 2 days figuring out
> what is going wrong here. I google nearly every forum about that..
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Tobias Britz
> ER Systems SA

Attachment Content-Type Size
greg.campbell.vcf text/x-vcard 241 bytes