Best practices for logging from a Windows service

From: "Kevin Grittner" <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Best practices for logging from a Windows service
Date: 2005-11-15 17:06:15
Lists: pgsql-admin
I am looking for advice on how best to configure logging from PostgreSQL
when it is run as a Windows service.  Under Linux we allow it to log to
'stderr' and we use the pg_ctl -l switch to direct that to a file.  This
doesn't seem to be supported under Windows, so I'm looking for "best
practices" advice from those experienced in this area.

-Kevin

pgsql-admin by date

Next:From: josh@segrestfarms.comDate: 2005-11-15 18:16:38