Re: slow queries after ANALYZE

From: DW <dwinner-lists(at)att(dot)net>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: slow queries after ANALYZE
Date: 2005-11-11 20:48:16
Lists: pgsql-performance

Tom Lane wrote:

> It would be interesting to see EXPLAIN ANALYZE results in both cases,
> plus the contents of the relevant pg_stats rows. (BTW, you need not
> dump and reload to get back to the virgin state --- just delete the
> relevant rows from pg_statistic.) Also we'd want to know exactly what
> PG version this is, and on what sort of platform.

Thanks for replying. I've got a message into to my team asking if I need
to de-identify some of the table names before I go submitting output to
a public mailing list.

In the meantime, again I'm new to this -- I got pg_stats; which rows are
the relevent ones?

Also, I am running postgresql-server-7.4.9 from FreeBSD port (with
optimized CFLAGS turned on during compiling)

OS: FreeBSD 5.4 p8

Thanks,
DW