Re: How remove stale DSN ?

From: "Greg Campbell" <greg(dot)campbell(at)us(dot)michelin(dot)com>
To: George Weaver <gweaver(at)shaw(dot)ca>
Cc: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: How remove stale DSN ?
Date: 2005-11-10 14:33:57
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Regedit
\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ODBC
ODBC.INI contains data source names/DSNs - corresponding to the ODBC Administrator SYSTEM DSN tab
ODBCINST.INI contains driver versions registrations

\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\ODBC --or-- \HKEY_USER\%user_id_key%\SOFTWARE\ODBC
ODBC.INI contains data source names/DSNs - USER

At the momemnt I cannot remember if other registry keys are involved so this information definitely comes
with no implied warranties.

Andreas wrote:

> George Weaver wrote:
>
>> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Andreas" <maps(dot)on(at)gmx(dot)net>
>>
>>> Is there a way to force the removal of DSNs out of Windows 2000's DSN
>>> manager ?
>>

>> Have your tried deleting the .dsn files directly (typically in
>> "C:\Program Files\Common Files\ODBC\Data Sources")?
>

> No because I didn't know of them.
> Now I checked but this directory is empty. There aren't any *.dsn files
> on C: at all.
> Probaply this stuff is stored somewhere in the registry. =8-{
>
> Cheers
> Andreas

Attachment Content-Type Size
greg.campbell.vcf text/x-vcard 241 bytes