Selecting schemas in ODBC/Win32

From: Claus Scherschel <claus(dot)scherschel(at)arcor(dot)de>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Selecting schemas in ODBC/Win32
Date: 2005-11-09 16:57:26
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hi everyone,

I'm developping a scientific database using Postgres 8.0.1. For
testing purposes I set up a basic MS Access frontend connected via ODBC.
This consists of some linked tables only.

Now, with the release of Postgres 8.1 I decided to switch to the new
version. I reconfigured the existing DSN selecting the unicode-version
of the new ODBC drivers coming along with 8.1. Installing and migrating
the database wasn't a problem. But when I try to link some new tables
into the frontend I'm not able to select the public-schema, where my
tables are located.
The ODBC driver shows tables from the information_schema only. Adding a
SET SEARCH_PATH specifing the public-schema explicitly doesn't help.
Neither the ANSI-driver won't do nor creating a new DSN would help.
What's to be done, to have the choice what schema to connect with?
Re-linking existing tables is not a problem at all.

Kind regards,
Claus.