JobFlash is a venture funded, Silicon Valley startup that is leading the
automation of hiring hourly workers. We have an award winning service
that our customers love. We are the first to offer a complete ASP based
hiring solution that can be accessed by job seekers by phone or by web,
in English as well as Spanish.
Production DBA job description:
The successful candidate will be responsible for high availability, data
integrity, performance tuning and capacity planning.
- Day to day operations of the Postgres Database
- Setup and maintenance of database replication
- Maintain and automate the appropriate backup and recovery architecture
- Resolution of database performance issues
- Data Modeling, Design and Support activities
- Performance tuning and capacity planning
- Data warehouse and reporting
- Creating ad-hoc reports
- Solid Unix system administration fundamentals.
- Familiarity writing scripts in bash (or similar) and/or perl
Must be Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures
within the database field.
Must be a self starter and willing to pick up a manual.
Will be the "go-to" person for data base issues, and the resident
On call 24x7 (will have to carry a pager).
Please see http://www.jobflash.com for information about our company.
To submit your resume, please email to tarthurs at jobflash.com
pgsql-jobs by date
|Next:||From: Lisa Hack||Date: 2005-11-14 19:04:53|
|Subject: Postges opportunity in Los Angeles|
|Previous:||From: elein||Date: 2005-10-20 17:51:24|
|Subject: Consultant Position in LA|