Re: [HACKERS] 8.0 beta status

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: David Fetter <david(at)fetter(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] 8.0 beta status
Date: 2004-08-06 00:35:51
Lists: pgsql-docspgsql-hackers
David Fetter <david(at)fetter(dot)org> writes:
> On Thu, Aug 05, 2004 at 07:58:14PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>> The documentation, however, desperately needs work still; and Marc
>> would like to get some of the postgresql.org domains shifted over to
>> the newly-installed venus server before we go beta.

> Which docs are in the most desparate need of help?

The problem is really that we've done only cursory documentation
additions for the features added in 8.0.  For instance, there are
reference pages for SAVEPOINT/ROLLBACK TO/RELEASE but there are still
many places that incorrectly say that we don't have nested transactions;
much less places that give examples involving using nested transactions
to solve real problems.  What I was thinking of doing was just trying to
read large sections of the docs and annotate places that are out of date
and need work.  If there are any particular areas you are familiar with,
you might want to claim responsibility for those.