Re: Installation trouble -- oops

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Steve Crawford <scrawford(at)pinpointresearch(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql general list <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Installation trouble -- oops
Date: 2005-10-29 02:18:29
Lists: pgsql-general
Steve Crawford wrote:

>I'm having difficulty installing 8.0.4. Server is SuSE 8.2 without PG
>installed. However some client libraries are Yast installed due to
>dependency reconciliation.
>
>I'm doing the standard install (./configure, make, make install) and
>have created the postgres user and appropriate data directory but
>when I run:

Sorry I hit send before I was ready. If you used the exact command above
then
everything will be in /usr/local/pgsql ... Which means from the below it
looks like
you have more then one install of PostgreSQL.

Try:

/usr/local/pgsql/bin/initdb --no-locale -D /var/lib/pgsql/data

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake