Re: [GENERAL] aix build question re: duplicate symbol warning

From: Kevin Murphy <murphy(at)genome(dot)chop(dot)edu>
To: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pg-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] aix build question re: duplicate symbol warning
Date: 2005-10-28 17:50:26
Lists: pgsql-generalpgsql-hackers
Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> Kevin Murphy wrote:
>
>>> Would you try the attached patch and see if it
>>> gets rid of the warnings?  Also check that regression tests and contrib
>>> build/regression tests still work.
>>>
>> Tom,  That patch worked, as far as eliminating those duplicate symbol
>> warnings.  I have some dependency issues (libintl) that I have to
>> resolve in order to test the build.
>>
> Or you could build without nls in the first instance.

Thanks, Andrew.  I wasn't sure what was going on, because NLS is listed
as an optional feature in configure.  But './configure --disable-nls'
did the trick.  (Is there something wrong with the configure file, though?)

Sorry for the belated response.  I'm happy Andreas hopped on it.

I was working on my next issue, which is 'make check' failing the stats
test; I see my problem in src/test/regress/log/postmaster log:

LOG:  could not bind socket for statistics collector: Can't assign
requested address
LOG:  disabling statistics collector for lack of working
socket

This seems to be due to a misconfiguration on this AIX box.  'localhost'
is not resolving properly.

Thanks for the help.

-Kevin Murphy