Re: why vacuum

From: Jan Wieck <JanWieck(at)Yahoo(dot)com>
To: mario(dot)splivalo(at)mobart(dot)hr
Cc: Andrew Sullivan <ajs(at)crankycanuck(dot)ca>, pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: why vacuum
Date: 2005-10-27 17:25:18
Lists: pgsql-sql

On 10/27/2005 8:34 AM, Mario Splivalo wrote:

> Postgres itself offers no replication.

Oracle itself offers no replication.
IBM DB2 itself offers no replication.

Yet most of the products out there for Oracle, DB2 and PostgreSQL are
far better than what I read here:

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/replication-features.html

What a great example of "offering replication itself" ... *cough*

I guess it'd be easier to port a well designed add-on like Slony-I to
MySQL (now that they have triggers) than fixing their broken design. Not
that I volunteer to do it, but Slony-I is released under BSD, anyone
feel free to offer a good solution for MySQL.

Jan

# Let's break this rule - forgive me. #