Status question

From: Louis Castoria <louisc(at)e9(dot)com>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Status question
Date: 2005-10-26 12:46:31
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
I'm confused about something and need some help.  I wrote a c routine
that uses libpq.    if  I use an update  sql command  string like
"update largetable set t01='update1', t02='update2' where mainkey='12'"
and the mainkey of 12 does not exist the result code is a 0.   If the
mainkey exists I get a result of 0.  How can I tell if the update was
successful or not.  Here is the code.

void

pgsql_exec_query( int *dbhandle, char *query, int *qryhandle, int
*status ) {
char *r,*n=query;

int nfields, i, j;

PGconn *conn = (PGconn *)*dbhandle;

PGresult *res;

while ( *n != ';' || *(n+1) != ';' )
          n++;
*n=0;

res = 0;

res = PQexec(conn, query);

printf("Result = %d ", (int) res);

*status = PQresultStatus(res);

printf("status = %f", (int) status);
 *qryhandle = (int) res;
}

}

--

            Louis  Castoria  -  ADSI
            Software Engineer

pgsql-interfaces by date

Next:From: Volkan YAZICIDate: 2005-10-26 14:08:26