Re: Integration PostgreSQL with Oracle.

From: Chris Travers <chris(at)travelamericas(dot)com>
To: Alfredo Rico <alfredorico(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Integration PostgreSQL with Oracle.
Date: 2005-10-20 18:43:41
Lists: pgsql-admin
Alfredo Rico wrote:

> Hi friends, greetings :-)
> Please apologize by my bad english, I speak sapnish.
>
> This question that I'll do could be a little difficult because I'm
> award that it should be very especific, although I'm looking for a
> first guide or directive in ordert to solve this dilemma.
>
> I'm developing a Java-Web Software using PostgreSQL for a company in
> which I work.
>
> One of the requirements is, using whatever mechanism (external to my
> Java-Web develop) to establish an
> interaction/integration/communication from my PostgreSQL database
> toward an Oracle Database already existents and in a production state
> inside the company,

Look into DBI-Link by David Fetter.  It requires Perl, DBI, DBD::Oracle
to make it work.  That would give you real-time communication between
PostgreSQL and Oracle...

Another option would be to write a simple Perl client, using the NOTIFY
framework, etc. to create a replication solution.

Does that make sense?

Best Wishes,
Chris Travers
Metatron Technology Consulting