Re: How to bulk load a schema using JDBC multiple

From: "Kevin Grittner" <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
To: <olarte(dot)andres(at)gmail(dot)com>, <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: How to bulk load a schema using JDBC multiple
Date: 2005-10-19 15:42:59
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

>>> Andres Olarte <olarte(dot)andres(at)gmail(dot)com>  >>>

Yes, but how? I tried to create a stored procedure with all of the
commands.  I tried creating a table in a special schema, storing the
schema in that table, and executing commands off that table.  They
have all failed due to quote problems.  Any other ideas?

On 10/18/05, Kevin Grittner <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov> wrote:
> Have you considered having your test suite create a template
> database, and using it to drop and create the test database?
> Hi,
> I need to load and drop my schema multiple times during my unit tests.
> This happens several thousand times per run of my test suite.  I'm
> works, but it's SLOW. My tests are taking more than 10 minutes now,
> and most of the time is spent loading the schema.  If there away to do
> this faster? May be using a store procedure with the whole schema?
> I've tried making such a procedure, but it doesn't work do to quoting
> problems. Anybody have any ideas? Thanks
> Andres

pgsql-jdbc by date

Next:From: Ken GeisDate: 2005-10-19 15:57:41