Re: How to bulk load a schema using JDBC multiple

From: "Kevin Grittner" <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
To: <olarte(dot)andres(at)gmail(dot)com>, <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: How to bulk load a schema using JDBC multiple
Date: 2005-10-18 22:12:09
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Have you considered having your test suite create a template
database, and using it to drop and create the test database?

>>> Andres Olarte <olarte(dot)andres(at)gmail(dot)com> >>>
Hi,

I need to load and drop my schema multiple times during my unit tests.
This happens several thousand times per run of my test suite. I'm
works, but it's SLOW. My tests are taking more than 10 minutes now,
and most of the time is spent loading the schema. If there away to do
this faster? May be using a store procedure with the whole schema?
I've tried making such a procedure, but it doesn't work do to quoting
problems. Anybody have any ideas? Thanks

Andres