Re: ANN: Rekall V2.4.0

From: Johan Wehtje <joweht(at)tpgi(dot)com(dot)au>
To: John Dean <john(at)totalrekall(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: ANN: Rekall V2.4.0
Date: 2005-10-18 01:59:37
Lists: pgsql-general

I gave Rekall a try - and I was disappointed that it crashed with such
regularity.

I was more disappointed in the fact that when the Wizard is used to
build a Database connection to Postgresql the information box text
informs the user that the "Postgresql is not as fast as MySql, but does
have support for transactions and Stored Procedures".

Given that from the 7 series onwards the relative speeds of MySql and
Postgresql is not something that has a clear and definitive answer, I
would suggest that the Connection Wizard text is misleading at best.

Johan Wehtje