Re: not all pg_stat_database fields reset after pg_stat_reset()

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: tv(at)fuzzy(dot)cz
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org, Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Subject: Re: not all pg_stat_database fields reset after pg_stat_reset()
Date: 2010-12-11 17:31:31
Lists: pgsql-bugs
tv(at)fuzzy(dot)cz writes:
> After calling pg_stat_reset, some of the database stats fields are not
> actually reset, the value is preserved. I've found the bug is actually in
> pgstat_recv_resetcounter function, where only some of the
> PgStat_StatDBEntry fields are reset to 0.

> This is true for those 6 fields:

> n_tuples_returned
> n_tuples_fetched
> n_tuples_inserted
> n_tuples_updated
> n_tuples_deleted
> last_autovac_time

Hmm.  I think that not resetting the n_tuples_xxx fields was simply an
oversight in Magnus' patch that added them,
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-committers/2007-03/msg00144.php
Magnus, was this intentional by any chance?

However, I disagree with resetting last_autovac_time ... that's not a
counter, so there's no particularly good reason to discard its value.