Re: Documentation typos

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: Michael Fuhr <mike(at)fuhr(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Documentation typos
Date: 2005-10-13 13:55:55
Lists: pgsql-patches

Michael Fuhr wrote:

>I took the liberty of making the following spelling changes for
>consistency with the rest of the documentation, even though the
>originals are the preferred spellings in some parts of the English-
>speaking world.  I found only one or two instances of each; the
>latter forms were far more common.
>
>behaviour    => behavior
>organisation => organization
>recognised   => recognized
>recognises   => recognizes

You seem to have lots of time on your hands if you can worry about this.
How you spend it is your business, of course, but playing spelling cop
doesn't seem worth it to me.

Is there an official spelling standard for PostgreSQL? If so, where is
it stated? If we are going to adopt one I'd vote for the OED :-) I am so
unconscious of it that it will be impossible for me to undo the habits
of a lifetime, and I suspect I am not alone, so this would be a never
ending battle.

cheers

andrew