Re: Getting connected

From: Oliver Jowett <oliver(at)opencloud(dot)com>
To: Peter Cook <ttpcook(at)hotmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Getting connected
Date: 2005-10-06 22:02:57
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Peter Cook wrote:

> classpath = classpath + ";" + driverPath;
> System.setProperty("java.class.path", classpath);

I don't think this works; the system classloader has already been set up
by this point so any change to the java.class.path property is likely to
be ignored.

If you want to modify the system classpath to include the driver jar,
you'll have to do that by passing an appropriate -classpath (or
CLASSPATH) setting to the JVM when you start it.

-O