Re: Selecting on non ASCII varchars

From: Oliver Jowett <oliver(at)opencloud(dot)com>
To: Jeremy LaCivita <jlacivita(at)broadrelay(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Selecting on non ASCII varchars
Date: 2005-10-03 01:41:09
Lists: pgsql-jdbc
Jeremy LaCivita wrote:

> PreparedStatement pst = conn.prepareStatement("SELECT * from mytable  m
> where m.title ~* ?");

If you use direct equality (=), does it work?

There have been comments on pgsql-bugs recently that some areas of the
backend code (case insensitive comparison and regexp) do not work
correctly in all cases when multibyte encodings are used. You might want
to repost to -bugs if basic equality works correctly.

Do you have a selfcontained testcase we can try? In particular we need
to know the actual column values and regexp patterns you have problems with.

-O