Postgres/Win32- Upgrade from 8.0.1 to 8.0.3 fails

From: Claus Scherschel <claus(dot)scherschel(at)arcor(dot)de>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Postgres/Win32- Upgrade from 8.0.1 to 8.0.3 fails
Date: 2005-09-29 10:51:38
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi folks at pgsql.admin,

I've Postgres 8.0.1 running natively under Windows XPpro SP2. I would
like to update to 8.0.3 using the upgrade-batchfile coming with the
zipped download file.
The installation stops when trying to install the service, saying the
Postgres 8.0 Database Service could not be installed. The current
account seems not have proper right to install services. Unfortunelty,
the current account is the Administrator-Account that has these rights.
Installing 8.0.1 a few months ago wasn't a problem at all.
I would be glad if there was a solution without deinstalling the older
version first.

Any ideas?
Thanks in advance,
Claus Scherschel.