Re: Postgresql 8.0.3, symbolic link to /var/lib/pgsql/data/base

From: Jeffrey Tenny <jeffrey(dot)tenny(at)comcast(dot)net>
To: Sergiusz Jarczyk <sergiusz(dot)jarczyk(at)qresc(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Postgresql 8.0.3, symbolic link to /var/lib/pgsql/data/base
Date: 2005-09-28 21:29:48
Lists: pgsql-admin
I've been focusing on the potentially simpler case of just relocating
the 'base' directory, so that I don't have to worry about whether
postmaster is finding my config files and such.

I was hoping the symlink would be a pretty transparent operation,
and it doesn't seem that other people have had difficulty doing similar
th ings.