createlang issue in XP

From: Eradict <eradict(at)versateladsl(dot)be>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: createlang issue in XP
Date: 2005-09-28 14:27:09
Lists: pgsql-novice
Good afternoon to you all.

First of all I want to thank each one of you for the efforts you make to
provide the world with a first class Open source Database. I myself
started only recently working with PostgreSQL and I must confess that
I'm quit impressed both by the database system itself as by the
community that seems to underpin this initiative.

For the moment we have 2 XP boxes running PgSQL-8.0.3. and up until
today all our questions have been answered trough the documentation, the
manuals and the websites that are included with, or that are related to,
the PgSQL 8.0.3 distribution.

Now today I've tried to install Python as the Procedural language on one
of our XP-boxes. I've followed the instructions, as indicated in the
user manual under “createlang”, and as result I received the following
error message:

    createlang: language installation failed: ERROR: could not load
    library "C:/Program Files/
    PostgreSQL/8.0/lib/plpython.dll": dynamic load error

I've al ready found out that this issue was resolved trough a patch,
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-patches/2005-08/msg00180.php, but I
didn't found a way to obtain this patch. So I've a couple of questions
for you:

    *

      can I download and install this patch in, let's just say, an
      Oracle, or even Microsoft, kind of way? I've found no indication
      whatsoever on the PgSQL web pages.

    *

      If the patch can't be downloaded and installed separately, how do
      you propose to solve this problem?

Kind regards

EradICT
Belgium - Europe