Re: simple Q about postgreSQL,,,,,plz help

From: Chris Smith <chris(at)interspire(dot)com>
To: Anand Kumria <wildfire(at)progsoc(dot)uts(dot)edu(dot)au>
Cc: sydpug(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: simple Q about postgreSQL,,,,,plz help
Date: 2005-09-27 05:20:06
Lists: sydpug
Hey Anand,

> This sounds like a typical plea from someone who isn't interested in
> doing any thinking/work for themselves. I find they are best ignored.

I usually do but I found a question I could actually answer ;)

> It's possible that the person asking was actually trying to ask if
> PostgreSQL is object-relational, which it is.
> Speaking of which - has anyone ever used the OR capabilities of
> Postgresql? It might make for an interesting talk.

I guess I'm missing something but doesn't OR cover inheritance,
constraints, triggers? (see bottom of

Are there more features I'm not seeing that are classed as 'OR'?

Best Regards,

Chris Smith
PHP Product Manager
Interspire - The World's Best Selling Webware