Re: simple Q about postgreSQL,,,,,plz help

From: Chris Smith <chris(at)interspire(dot)com>
To: Anand Kumria <wildfire(at)progsoc(dot)uts(dot)edu(dot)au>
Cc: sydpug(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: simple Q about postgreSQL,,,,,plz help
Date: 2005-09-27 05:20:06
Lists: sydpug
Hey Anand,

> This sounds like a typical plea from someone who isn't interested in
> doing any thinking/work for themselves. I find they are best ignored.

I usually do but I found a question I could actually answer ;)

> It's possible that the person asking was actually trying to ask if
> PostgreSQL is object-relational, which it is.
>
> Speaking of which - has anyone ever used the OR capabilities of
> Postgresql? It might make for an interesting talk.

I guess I'm missing something but doesn't OR cover inheritance,
constraints, triggers? (see bottom of
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/7.2/static/preface.html)

Are there more features I'm not seeing that are classed as 'OR'?

--
Best Regards,

Chris Smith
PHP Product Manager
Interspire - The World's Best Selling Webware
http://www.interspire.com