pgAgent on workstation/client

From: "Milan Cirovic" <mine(dot)bones(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pgAgent on workstation/client
Date: 2007-12-24 12:09:52
Lists: pgsql-novice

I am using *.bat file for database backup on client/workstation. I run bat
file from the same client machine manually. Contents of file are:
cd C:\"Program Files"\"pgAdmin III"\1.8\
pg_dump -h host -U postgres -f "D:\dbackup\%date%.sql" dbasename

Now, I want to automate process with pgAgent if possible. I have installed
pgAgent from pgAdminIII running sql script as it is stated on

From command line, service is created: C:\"Program Files"\"pgAdmin
III">pgAgent INSTALL pgAgent dbname=dbasename

Service is running.

Now, following online installation there should be jobs when I connect to
database in which pgAgent is installed, but there are none. PgAgent is just
in catalogs, no changes in schemas tree.

I did something wrong, or I should create jobs manually?

pgsql-novice by date

Next:From: Obe, ReginaDate: 2007-12-24 12:56:36