Backup issue

From: Marcin Giedz <marcin(dot)giedz(at)eulerhermes(dot)pl>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Backup issue
Date: 2005-09-17 07:49:52
Lists: pgsql-admin
Hello...

This is what I have now: postgresql 8.0.1 - database weights about 60GB
and increases about 2GB per week. Nowadays I do backup every day -
according to simple procedure (pg_start_backup:rsync
data:pg_stop_backup:save wals produced during backup). On 1Gb internal
network it usually takes me about 1h to perform this procedure.

But what if my database has ~200GB and more (I know this is a future
:D)? From my point of view it won't be good idea to copy entire database
to backup array. I would like to here opinions about this case - what do
you propose? Maybe some of you already do something like this?

Regards,
Marcin Giedz

pgsql-admin by date

Next:From: Jeff FrostDate: 2005-09-17 16:31:04