Re: Race-condition with failed block-write?

From: Arjen van der Meijden <acm(at)tweakers(dot)net>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Race-condition with failed block-write?
Date: 2005-09-14 13:59:29
Lists: pgsql-bugs
Tom Lane wrote:
> Arjen van der Meijden <acm(at)tweakers(dot)net> writes:
>>> I'll try and see if I can dig up more from the logs and see if I can
>>> test a few reasonable scenario's tomorrow though.
>
>> I wasn't able to find anything suspicious at all.
>
> Is it conceivable that the init-script itself did something funny?
> There are so many different init scripts around ...

Its the default gentoo-init-script, but I checked it whether it could do
weird things. Anyway, this is the stop-code:

stop() {
         ebegin "Stopping PostgreSQL"
         su - $PGUSER -c "/usr/bin/pg_ctl stop -D '$PGDATA' -s -m fast"
         eend $?
}

start and restart are similarily simple.
ebegin and eend are afaik simple macro's to pretty print to the console.

Best regards,

Arjen