Contents page - usability suggestion

From: Richard Huxton <dev(at)archonet(dot)com>
To: pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Contents page - usability suggestion
Date: 2005-09-08 20:05:00
Lists: pgsql-docs

I do try and be good and look up manual references where I think they're
useful to people on the mailing lists, and one small thing makes this
harder than I think it needs to be.

If you go to the main contents page on any of the recent manuals
(.../index.html) and hit "End" to go to the bottom of the page you don't
see the Index or Appendices, you get the bottom-half of "List of xxx".

Is it difficult to put these sections on separate pages?
Is it a bad idea?

I sympathise if people don't like tinkering with the doc generation
stuff - I remember trying to get some Jade setup working on RH8 and I
still wake up screaming...
--
Richard Huxton
Archonet Ltd