Re: 8.1 and syntax checking at create time

From: Tony Caduto <tony_caduto(at)amsoftwaredesign(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: PG Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: 8.1 and syntax checking at create time
Date: 2005-08-31 20:41:03
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Tom,
I successfully updated my database to use the validator function without
dropping it using:

CREATE FUNCTION "plpgsql_validator" (oid) RETURNS void AS
'$libdir/plpgsql' LANGUAGE C;
UPDATE pg_language SET lanvalidator = 'plpgsql_validator'::regproc
WHERE lanname = 'plpgsql';

The create checking is *much* better now :-)

Thanks to everyone for helping me track this down, turned out it had
nothing to do with 8.1 but I didn't know that.
Sorry about that.

Tony