does prepareThreshold work? forced to use old driver

From: Gene <genekhart(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: does prepareThreshold work? forced to use old driver
Date: 2007-02-26 16:12:53
Lists: pgsql-jdbcpgsql-performance
hi!

I've been having some serious performance issues with
postgresql8.2/hibernate/jdbc due to postgres reusing bad cached query
plans. It doesn't look at the parameter values and therefore does not
use any partial indexes.

After trying to set prepareThreshold=0 in the connection string which
didnt work, even modifying the jdbc driver and forcing it to 0 and not
working I realized that it must be being ignored. After giving up
pretty much I tried a much older driver which doesn't use server
prepared statements at all the problem has gone away and it is once
again using the partial indexes. How can I get this to work properly
on the new jdbc driver? I don't really like having to use a 2 year old
driver to get good performance as you can imagine :)

Could someone point me to a jdbc src file where I could just disable
server-side prepared statements entirely?

--
thanks, G

pgsql-performance by date

Next:From: Madison KellyDate: 2007-02-26 16:29:14