Re: force C locale for temp regression installations

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "Patches (PostgreSQL)" <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: force C locale for temp regression installations
Date: 2005-08-26 16:12:36
Lists: pgsql-patches

Tom Lane wrote:

>Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net> writes:
>

>>The attached tiny patch forces C locale on the temp location built by
>>pg_regress - it fixes recent regression problems observed on Windows.
>>

>I don't think this is really a good idea, because it makes it impossible
>to run the tests any other way.
>
>If you're speaking of the current buildfarm results from loris, I'm
>unconvinced that that's a locale problem --- the opr_sanity results
>in particular shouldn't be locale-sensitive.

(through bleary dilated eyes)

But we aleady do it implicitly for everything but Windows now, with this:

unset LC_COLLATE LC_CTYPE LC_MONETARY LC_MESSAGES LC_NUMERIC LC_TIME
LC_ALL LANG LANGUAGE

Both Petr and I have seen that with --no-locale set the regression set
gets a clean run. If you want us to dig deeper into those 9 failures,
just tell us what to look for.

cheers

andrew