Re: implementing asynchronous notifications PLEASE CONFIRM MY

From: David Gagnon <dgagnon(at)siunik(dot)com>
To: Andres Olarte <olarte(dot)andres(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: implementing asynchronous notifications PLEASE CONFIRM MY
Date: 2005-08-25 20:00:31
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Thanks for your answer !!!

I look more deeply with solution #1 but the big problem seem to
be the lack of flexibility with the notify mechanism... In the trigger
I would send something like

NOTIFY "TABLEX:UPDATE:111";

To say table row with id 111 on table X have been updated ...But I I
need to explicitly LISTEN on a Channel (or identifier) .. How can I get
this notification on the client.

Is there something I dont understand? Have you implemented it this way ?

Thanks for your help... I really need to find an answer to this problem :-/

/David