pg_dumpall problem - duplicated users

From: Przemysław Nogaj <pn(at)tey(dot)pl>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pg_dumpall problem - duplicated users
Date: 2005-08-25 08:52:11
Lists: pgsql-admin
Hi,

few days ago we made vacuum of all databases on our server. After that
we canot dump databases:

# pg_dumpall -i -U postgres > test.sql
pg_dump: query to obtain list of schemas failed: ERROR:  More than one
tuple returned by a subselect used as an expression.
pg_dumpall: pg_dump failed on database "alibi", exiting

There are duplicated system users, pg_catalogs, pg_temp1, pg_toast and
public...

template1=> select * from pg_catalog.pg_shadow where usesysid = 1;
 usename  | usesysid | usecreatedb | usesuper | usecatupd
|               passwd                | valuntil | useconfig
----------+----------+-------------+----------+-----------+-------------------------------------+----------+-----------
 postgres |        1 | t           | t        | t
|                                     |          |
 postgres |        1 | t           | t        | t         |
md5c084502ed11efa9d3d96d29717a5e555 |          |
(2 rows)

Any suggestions how to solve the problem? There are many databases on
the server we can't loose. Applications can connect to databases - all
works fine, hoewer we must make dumps...

Thanks for any help,
Greetings

Przemek

pgsql-admin by date

Next:From: Richard SusantoDate: 2005-08-25 11:44:00