Trouble with encoding again

From: CHEN <trainee12(at)163(dot)com>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Trouble with encoding again
Date: 2005-08-25 02:43:00
Lists: pgsql-odbc
Hi:
   I think that there some bug (or suggestion) in psqlodbc8.xx,

1. psqlodbc can't transfer character encoding when resolving   parameters (param_ctype is SQL_C_TYPE and param_sqltype is SQL_CHAR).

2.  when resovlving  a float type parameter. psqlodbc will add a suffix '::float4' automatically. it 's not fine for some application example as VFP, because these application is not strong type language, all numeric type including integer is float type:

example:
       INT_VAR=1    ---- it is float type
       SELECT * FROM XXX WHERE INT_KEY=?INT_VAR
--    after resovlved, sql string will become:
       SELECT * FROM XXX WHERE INT_KEY='1'::float4
--    postgresql will using seq scan instead of index scan
    So I suggest that odbc don't add the suffix '::float4' when resovlving a float parameter ,it is redundant.
Postgrsql server will do fine for these conversion

pgsql-odbc by date

Next:From: Anoop KumarDate: 2005-08-25 05:56:49