Re: Permission denied errors

From: Zeki Mokhtarzada <zeki(at)mokhtarzada(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Permission denied errors
Date: 2005-08-23 15:06:44
Lists: pgsql-bugs
Very interesting...  We recently changed the location of the data files
using a symbolic link.  Although all of the files had the correct ownership,
the new parent directory was not owned by postgres.  The strange thing
is that we have been running like this for over a week, and even now,
only the log table was effected  (the log table is the only table that
has a large number of data changing, most of the other tables are
relatively static).  Changing the owner of the parent directory to
postgres fixed the problem.

Thanks!

-Zeki