From: jallgood(at)the-allgoods(dot)net
To: <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Date: 2006-09-12 19:33:08
Lists: pgsql-performance

Hello All

I am getting this message in my log files for my database.

LOG: out of file descriptors: Too many open files; release and retry.

At some point the memomy didn't get released and the postmaster reset itself terminating all client connections. I am not sure what direction to go. I can increase the file-max in the kernel but it looks reasonably sized already . Or decrease the max_file_per_process. Has anyone on the list encountered this issue. I am running Postgres 7.4.7.

Thanks

John Allgood

  • Re: at 2006-09-13 06:35:03 from Jim C. Nasby