EnterpriseDB - what happens to pgsql?

From: Robert Cleary <robert(dot)cleary(at)ul(dot)ie>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: EnterpriseDB - what happens to pgsql?
Date: 2005-08-11 16:23:36
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
Just wondering what the general concencus is about enterpriseDB from the
pgsql community? good or bad?
I'm not 100% up to speed, with opensource development - but they seem to
have a policy to contribute improvements
back to pgsql. This sounds (to me) like a good thing for the pgsql
development, and a good opensource philosophy but:

Is there a danger that users new to databases, will skip pgsql
alltogether and use edb's free version
or have i missed something obvious here?
again, appolligies if i'm showing a lack of knowledge about opensource here?

pgsql-advocacy by date