Re: PG 7.3.4 VS PG 8.0.3 Problem

From: Dragan Matić <mlists(at)panforma(dot)co(dot)yu>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PG 7.3.4 VS PG 8.0.3 Problem
Date: 2005-08-10 10:22:45
Lists: pgsql-admin pgsql-odbc

Chris Hoover wrote:

>Sorry, I should have given some setup details.
>

>When this query is run against either version of PG, it does not
>return any rows (obviously due to the issue with hdr_create_dt). I
>actually walked through the code using our cobol debugger to find this
>issue. When it checks the sqlca.sqlcode record returned by this query
>in 7.3.4, it has a 0. In 8.0.3, it has a 100.

We are also using Cobol (Micro Focus NetExpress) and we haven't noticed
any changes when moving from version 7.x to version 8.
Another question is whether sqlcode was returning good result until now?
As far as I know (and it works that way with us) sqlcode _should_ have a
value of 100 when query returns no rows. Value of 0 indicates there were
no errors, and value of 100 means 'no rows found'.

With Regards

Dragan Matic