Re: Usind database with encoding UNICODE and vovel

From: Josef Springer <Josef(dot)Springer(at)JOOPS(dot)COM>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Usind database with encoding UNICODE and vovel
Date: 2005-08-04 13:45:45
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hi Dave,

i have made some more tests:

Database and client encoding both UNICODE.
Writing of sting columns work if the content is converted explicitly to
UTF8 before sending.
Reading string columns gets the content without encoding. (one byte for
each character).
Thats the behaviour on Win2k.

Best Regards,
Josef Springer

<cid:part1(dot)04060103(dot)02010602(at)netscape(dot)com> -- the software company --

Orlando-di-Lasso Str. 2
D-85640 Putzbrunn

Tel. ++49(0)89 600 6920
Fax ++49(0)89 600 69220
mailto Josef(dot)Springer(at)joops(dot)com <mailto:Josef(dot)Springer(at)joops(dot)com>
Website http://www.joops.com

It seems that writing