Re: Usind database with encoding UNICODE and vovel

From: Josef Springer <Josef(dot)Springer(at)JOOPS(dot)COM>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Usind database with encoding UNICODE and vovel
Date: 2005-08-04 12:35:29
Lists: pgsql-odbc

He Dave,

as other wrote, there should be an encoding problem with Windows 2000.

My Environment:
Windows 2000 internal version: 5.0.2195; SP 2
Germal locale
PostgreSQL: 8.0.3
ODBC driver: 8.00.01.01 (5. March 2005)
No MDAC

Setting the encoding in the odbc driver (DNS) has no effect.

I made some tests:
Database encoding
Client encoding
Wrinting column (äöüß)
Reading column
UNICODE
LATIN1
OK
corrupted in app
UNICODE
UNICODE
corrupted in database (writing ß -> error character is a bad UNICODE)
OK

Written data was verified with PgAdminIII

Best Regards,
Josef Springer