Re: New libpq based driver snapshot 08.01.0003 available

From: Zoltan Boszormenyi <zboszor(at)dunaweb(dot)hu>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: New libpq based driver snapshot 08.01.0003 available
Date: 2005-08-03 20:26:37
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Zoltan Boszormenyi írta:

>> The old version returns COPY_OK for both cases, although the logging
>> in the new version is nice. Which is the correct behaviour? I would like
>> to be able to ignore NULL notification.
>

> And the attached patch indeed fixes it.

And looking up SQLBindCol() in my copy of
ODBC 3.5 Developers Guide, it states:

* If a NULL pointer is stored in the ValueSize_Indicator parameter,
no length or indicator is used.

For me, it says that I can use NULL as the last parameter, no matter
the fields are NULLs or not.

Best regards,
Zoltán Böszörményi