Re: Usind database with encoding UNICODE and vovel

From: Andreas Pflug <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
To: Josef Springer <Josef(dot)Springer(at)JOOPS(dot)COM>
Cc: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org, Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Subject: Re: Usind database with encoding UNICODE and vovel
Date: 2005-08-03 08:28:06
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Josef Springer wrote:
> Hi anybody,
>
> Encironment: Win2k, german locale, PostgreSQL database with UNICODE
> encoding, using via ODBC
> Client encoding UNICODE.
>
> I can read strings containing vovels without problems, But writing
> strings containing vovels does not work !
> Can anybody assist ?

I've been posting a patch earlier this year (January) because I had the
same problem on Unicode databases. But this is not the ultimate patch;
it will create data errors with non-unicode databases (e.g. Latin-1). I
wonder if the odbc driver changes the client encoding to unicode, as it
should when connecting to non-ASCII databases.

Regards,
Andreas